Title: Member Engagement Coordinator
Location: Charleston, SC
Term: Full-time/ Exempt
Application Deadline: Rolling basis, open until filled
Reports to: Development Manager
Salary Range: $41,000 to $45,000 annually plus benefits
Summary: The Member Engagement Coordinator divides their time between member retention/recruitment and marketing/communications support. Primary responsibilities: 1) leading membership through: stewardship of existing members, growing the membership through business development, and planning member-focused events, and 2) providing marketing support through: social media, storytelling, campaign support, digital marketing, and engaging with members.
Lowcountry Local First (LLF) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 450 local businesses representing diverse industries across the 8-county Lowcountry region. Our mission is to cultivate an economy anchored in local ownership, because local-independent businesses are the cornerstone of our culture, economy, and character. Our work is threefold: 1) educate the public on why it is important to choose local and influence them to do so; 2) work with our elected officials, decision-makers, and opinion leaders to foster a better environment for creating and sustaining local businesses, and 3) deliver resources, programming, networking, mentorship and more to local businesses of all shapes and sizes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
60% Membership and Business Development:
- Confidently and compellingly communicate the value proposition of LLF to local-independent businesses.
- Work with direct supervisor and Executive Director to set membership budget and achieve membership revenue goals.
- Lead membership stewardship/retention plan & execution.
- Lead high-level membership stewardship, identify and solicit upgrade opportunities, work with Development Manager to strategize packaging combo membership/sponsorship proposals.
- Track member renewal and prospect outreach in Salesforce CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) system and organize team outreach for renewals.
- Manage monthly membership mailings, including welcome packets and renewal notices.
- Add, update, and maintain member profiles in Salesforce database.
- Manage partnerships with Mount Pleasant Town Proud program and Hispanic Business Association, and utilize to grow LLF membership.
- Point person for facilitating meetings between members for our Local Expertise Exchange.
- Lead community event tabling to educate the public on LLF and promote our campaigns/events.
- Solicit feedback and provide ongoing management of membership experience/stewardship
40% Marketing and Communications:
- Work closely with the Dir. of Marketing and Communications to support marketing efforts promoting membership.
- Assist with project administration for all public awareness campaigns including Eat Local and Buy Local Seasons.
- Provide external communications assistance, including blog posts, social media, event, and campaign marketing (utilizing Mailchimp).
- Website updates (utilizing WordPress platform)
- Event production assistance including Good Business Summit, and other events as needed
- Plan and execute the Good Business Workshop series for LLF members and the larger business community.
- Produce digital content on-site at member business locations and manage weekly welcome posts for new and renewing members.
- Engage with members through LLF’s social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms as needed.
- Assist with blog posts for sponsors and high-level members as needed.
- Organize all monthly Local Socials – securing speakers and venues with consultation from Dir. of Marketing and Communications.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Connects to the mission of LLF and the values of building an economy anchored in local ownership.
- A track record of success in sales or membership, and comfort asking for financial support.
- Extremely organized and highly detail oriented. Project management experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an energy that attracts others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to represent Lowcountry Local First in a professional manner with diverse constituencies.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
- Enjoys utilizing social media platforms to communicate the mission of LLF and promote the local business community.
- Thrives on networking and building relationships. You like to attend networking events!
- Ability to handle multiple projects and wear the many hats required of a small nonprofit staff.
- Tech-savvy and strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Canva, and WordPress.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred but not required.
The Member Engagement Coordinator works in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces. The Member Engagement Coordinator works a standard work week but will likely be required to work occasional evenings and/or weekends for outreach, socials, or other events as needed. We will work with Coordinator to ensure appropriate comp time.
- Three weeks of paid time off in year one, with increases based on tenure.
- Eight paid holidays (including MLK Day, Juneteenth, and your birthday), plus Dec. 24th through Jan 1st.
- 3% company matching SIMPLE-IRA retirement fund (after three  months of employment).
- Generous cell phone and insurance stipends.
- Remote work opportunity with approval from direct supervisor. Must reside in Charleston, SC metro area.
- Parental leave up to  weeks (after one year of employment), including four  weeks paid leave.
- Annual stipend provided for professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “Member Engagement Coordinator” in subject heading.