Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Term: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary Range: $41,000 to $45,000
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Summary: The Coworking & Office Coordinator will divide their time managing the Local Works community coworking space and providing administrative support for Lowcountry Local First (LLF). The Coworking & Office Coordinator will be an effective first point of contact for Local Works coworking space, adept at solving problems, and will thrive on supporting members of the coworking space and LLF team. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized and tech-savvy, as well as enjoy interacting with people as part of a small, non-profit team.
Lowcountry Local First is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 450 local businesses representing diverse industries across the 8-county Lowcountry region. Our mission is to cultivate an economy anchored in local ownership, because local-independent businesses are the cornerstone of our culture, economy, and character. Our work is threefold: 1) educate the public on why it’s important to choose local and influence them to do so; 2) work with our elected officials, decision-makers, and opinion leaders to foster a better environment for creating and sustaining local businesses, and 3) deliver resources, programming, networking, mentorship and more to local businesses of all shapes and sizes.
50% Local Works Coworking Space Management
- Handle day-to-day operations of the coworking space including opening and closing duties, tours, leasing, general maintenance.
- Staff the front desk 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, and arrange coverage for any time away.
- Support events and programs that take place in Local Works, including occasional after-hours duties.
- Reach out to potential new coworking space members with a confident understanding of the value of Local Works, promptly respond to inquiries about the space, and follow up.
- Develop strategies to create a pipeline of potential members in partnership with Marketing staff.
- Maintain in-house calendar of events and communications to members regarding community happenings.
- Achieve revenue goals for occupancy through business development outreach and collaboration with marketing team.
- Manage the usage and rental of conference and meeting rooms by outside groups.
- Ensure membership payments and invoicing are done in a timely manner.
- Act as point of contact for facilities management needs.
- Problem-solve any issues that arise at Local Works in an efficient and calm manner.
- Responsible for organizing all vendors for Local Works.
- Orient all new Local Works members on policies and procedures.
- Provide tech support, including Wi-Fi, AV needs, printing/scanning, etc.
50% Administrative Duties
- Manage administrative filing and paperwork for the organization.
- Provide event support for meetings, workshops, fundraising events, etc.
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Execute monthly membership mailings.
- Process and record all memberships and donations in an efficient and detailed manner.
- Order office and facility supplies.
- Provide administrative support to team members as time allows and at the discretion of Director of Operations.
- Project management using digital platforms for Board of Directors administrative needs, grant applications, HR on-boarding, etc.
- Provide interoffice support, including expense reimbursement requests, board report reminders, event permits, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
- Has great passion for the mission of Lowcountry Local First and enjoys supporting local-independent businesses.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to represent Lowcountry Local First in a professional manner with diverse constituencies.
- Is highly organized with the ability to prioritize, manage projects, implement systems and follow-up processes.
- Enjoys acting as primary point of contact at Local Works and is comfortable spending the majority of working hours in the space.
- Is not rattled by interruptions; responds calmly and efficiently to coworker or facility needs as they arise.
- Has technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and is generally tech-savvy. The candidate should be comfortable using web-based systems, project management platforms like Trello, CRM systems, etc. Experience with Salesforce is a plus. The specific platforms can be learned on the job, but the technical skills and ability to ‘quick-learn’ web platforms and organizational systems must be inherent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors during all but the most severe weather. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Three weeks of paid time off in year one, with increases based on tenure.
- Eight paid holidays (including your birthday), plus Dec. 24th through Jan 1st.
- 3% company matching SIMPLE-IRA retirement fund (after three  months of employment).
- Generous cell phone and insurance stipends.
- Parental leave up to  weeks (after one year of employment), including four  weeks paid leave.
- Annual stipend provided for professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to Lauren Gellatly, Director of Operations, at HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “Coworking & Office Coordinator” in subject heading.