We want to see how you eat local throughout April! Participate in our fun Instagram contest beginning April 1 to showcase your shift in habits to support local farmers and fishermen. Once the challenge is complete, the local habits that you develop will be important to continue supporting our local food system. Go the extra mile and challenge yourself to be a Localist!
How it Works:
Capture a photo of one of our Eat Local habits (see below list) and post to Instagram weekly using #howieatlocal #eatlocalchs and tagging @lowcountrylocal.
One winner will be randomly selected each Friday of the month to win local goodies. Individuals may only win once but all are encouraged to participate continually.
Habits to Capture:
- Eat a locally grown fruit or veggie (see graphic below for what’s in season!)
- Sip a local drink – coffee, tea, spirit or beer
- Host or attend an all local potluck
- Eat at a local restaurant (see online business directory for ideas)
- Purchase food from a local farmer’s market
- Sign-up for a CSA or CSF
- Selfie with your local farmer or fisherman
- Tag your go-to place for local eats/treats
Winners will be chosen and announced each Friday throughout April (beginning April 8)!